Friday, November 29, 2013

Catching a cold

If you're going to get sick, a yoga training is the place to do it. I've never been around a more supportive, helpful, caring bunch of people while I've been sick and they're all full of knowledge of herbal remedies and natural treatments.

In the past 3 days since my cold hit, I've had:

- a shot of oregano oil. this will burn your lips, fire up your insides, and clear your congestion instantly. unfortunately it does wear off after a few hours

- a shot of wheatgrass. this is full of all sorts of good vitamins

- a clove and a half of raw garlic. this is a natural anti-biotic. I was gnawing my way through one, hating the way it tasted when someone suggested I cut it into smaller pieces and take it with water like a pill. that worked much better.

- copious amounts of ginger lime honey tea. they serve it at the organic cafe next to our practice space. Yesterday one of my classmates gave me a big spoonful of powdered greens to stir in, and my teacher gave me cayenne pepper as well.

- grapeseed oil extract. apparently this is some kind of cure all. how did I not know this??

- 2 green juices

- 4+ bowls of soup

- fresh pressed orange juice

- green tea

- a raw chocolate truffle. don't judge.

- a lymphatic drainage massage and cranio sacral therapy. Bali is THE place to come if you've got anything at all wrong with you, physically or emotionally. Somebody WILL help get you balanced in a natural, healthy way. The lymphatic drainage was interesting because the touch was so light it didn't really feel like he was doing anything except gently touching different spots on my face and neck. An hour and a capsule of more oregano oil later, my nose is completely clear.

- an entire 2 hour yoga practice in savasana, aka corpse pose, aka lying flat on my back. I got out of bed and got there by 6:15 this morning but just couldn't sit up straight.

- copious amounts of sympathy and well-wishes from my classmates and teachers

I'm going to bed early tonight.

Goodnight from Ubud,
Firefly

No comments:

Post a Comment